Sunday, October 11, 2009

Boston Half Marathon

My alarm went off at 6 am and I sprang out of bed. Much different from a regular work day. I showered to wake myself up and then chugged a glass of water. I made 2 slices of wheat toast with peanut butter and jelly for breakfast.

It was really chilly this morning, 40 degrees, so I had to add some layers on top of my race attire. Brr! I used my foam roller and stretched for 15 minutes before we left.

I'll write a FULL race recap later on. I ran 13.1 miles in 2:04:56!!! I didn't think I would finish in 2 1/2 hours so I am really proud of myself. My parents cheered us on; we saw them twice along the route. They got some great action shots. Plus after crossing the finish line, I snagged lots of Power Bars and Bear Naked bars to try later in the week. We all walked home from the finish area so that was plenty of time to stretch and shake out my legs.

Friends have started arriving for brunch and the Mimosa is being poured. I'm ready to relax and watch football all afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the great time! I don't know how you ran in this cold weather this morning. I'm a baby in the cold :)

    Enjoy your brunch and....GO PATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Thats such a great time and it was SO chilly this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing! I never could have gone so far in the cold weather! Awesome job:)

    ReplyDelete