Tuesday, October 13, 2009

St. Supery Tweetup

I sprinkled blueberry flax seed on my raisin bran granola cereal for an omega-3 filled breakfast.

I discovered homemade apple pumpkin muffins in the 1st floor kitchen at work. I wish copies of the recipe were sitting with the samples. This was really tasty. The apple chunks helped the muffin stay moist. It seems like everyone out there in Blog Land is ALL about pumpkin right now, and I'm not an exception. Mmmm!

I had leftover gnocchi for lunch. Plus a "salad" with a cucumber and carrot strips topped with Italian dressing.

I went to the gym a little bit earlier than normal (at 12:45 pm) l because I had an afternoon meeting. Wow, it was so much busier during. I'm glad I typically work out around 1:45 pm because it's so much quieter.

I used the Cybex and accomplished a 20 minute cardio workout. After massaging my hips on the foam roller, I went back to the locker room and relaxed in the sauna for 15 minutes.

I scored a free newspaper on the way out of HealthWorks. It's focused on Boston fashion! I can't wait to read it when I have some down time. I snacked on the rest of this bag of trail mix during my meeting.

I signed up to go to the St. Supery Tweetup at bin ends in Braintree so I made a quick dinner. I was worried about the traffic on 93S so I wanted to get on the road as soon as we could.

I boiled water with bits of baby carrots, and cooked Nasoya Chinese style noodles.

Steaming hot and flavored with soy sauce! I also saved Nasoya's recipe for vegetable stir fry. It seems really easy to make so I'm going to add the ingredients to this week's grocery list.

The Tweetup didn't start until 7 and we arrived at 6:40. There was plenty of time to browse around the store.

I was excited to see Nicolas Feuillatte champagne. We visited their champagne house when we were in France this summer. Their processes are very high tech, especially the computerized riddling racks. Their champagne is really good too!

I was excited to try St. Supery wine. They have a vineyard in Napa, my dream vacation spot.

Cheers! I tried 5 different wines.
  • St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc 2008, Napa Valley: St. Supery is known for their Sauvignon Blanc, and it happens to be one of my favorite types of whites. The nose was cirtusy. It also tasted citrusy, like lime and grapefruit.
  • St. Supery Virtu 2006, Napa Valley White Meritage: I really liked this blend. It was 52% Semilon and 48% Sauvignon Blanc. I recognize the citrus taste of Sav Blanc, but it was less acidic. The finish was very smooth.
  • St. Supery 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley: This smelled like red berries. I thought it had a very woody taste. The tannins didn't seem to be too strong. I was happy that my mouth wasn't puckering after I swallowed. Different from what I usually look for in a red (I go for buttery berry types) but it was a nice change of pace.
  • Maison Bouachon Chateauneuf Du Pape 2005, France: This was a blend from St. Supery's sister winery in France. I don't remember anything specific, but I know I liked it.
  • St. Supery Moscato 2008, California: Sweet dessert wines are not my thing. I've tried a few at tastings but I've never actually ordered a glass. I liked that this one was not syrupy. It was sweet, but it had a light tropical flavor.
We went home with a bottle of St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc. Jared also picked out a Bordeaux that jumped out at him when we explored bin ends before the tasting.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, bargain booze! I love it. Sauvignon Blanc is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Napa too! I feel like I've traveled to so many places, but never Napa! Definitely on my "to go to" list as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil Veggie Patch:
    I drank a lot Sav Blanc over the summer...and transitioned to drinking chilled Rose because that was very popular in France. Now that it's cold in Boston, I'll have to wait til next summer!

    Chocolate Pickle:
    My boyfriend and I are trying to make an outline of 2010 vacations so we can plan our time off from work. Napa is still on the list! Cross your fingers for me, haha.

    ReplyDelete