Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Final Five Miles

Well, my 1/2 marathon training is over. Jared and I ran 5 miles tonight, and now it's time to rest until Sunday morning. 5 miles around the streets of Boston was much easier than the 5K cross country course. I missed asphalt!

I have a feeling I'm going to get psyched out when I see all of the "real runners" at the starting line on Sunday morning. I still feel like I'm not legit. Example: I saw another runner go by me tonight and she was wearing a hydrobelt with her bottles in the front. I spent the rest of my run wondering if I was wearing my belt backwards.

I know about the power of positive thinking. Gotta tell myself that I was wearing my belt the way it feels most comfortable for me. So who cares? And more importantly, I can put on a pair of shoes and go for a jog. I am as much of a runner as anyone else. I may not be an elite runner, but that's not what I want to be. Running (well slowly jogging) is fun and it gives me time to think.

From now until Sunday, I just need to keep telling myself that I can do this. 13.1 miles will be a challenge, but I can do it!

Jared and I did a quick grocery shopping at Shaws. I really wanted to make BBQ tofu but Jared was leaving for trivia so I promised not to make it tonight.

I made a veggie burger. I am a big fan of Dr. Praeger's Tex Mex veggie burger, but I've talked to others who don't like them very much. I love the spiciness and the fact that you can see actual veggies (corn, peas, etc.) inside the burger. I ate my burger on whole wheat bread and topped it with cheese, lettuce, pickles, and ketchup. I had tortilla chips and fresh salsa as a side dish. Plus I drank a huge glass of water to rehydrate after my run.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in the race! I can't wait to read the recap. My goal is to run a half in the spring.

    ReplyDelete