Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun with Food

I started off the day with a bowl of Special K with Red Berries. (But my smoothie machine just shipped today so my liquid breakfasts will come to life in the near future!)

I took a group picture of the food I brought to work because I was worried about my camera battery dying. I snacked on the Chobani and the apple during the morning hours. The Healthy Choice pasta had been purchased as a backup in case I didn't have anything to make for lunch. Well today was that day! It was pretty good for microwave pasta. I like to keep a few prepacked meals hanging around the apartment but I am making an effort to eat fresh stuff.

I went to the gym during my lunch hour and read the September issue of Self magazine while I used the stairmaster for 20 minutes. I had just enough time to do a few sets of crunches and stretch before I needed to head back to work.

I love mini cardio sessions during the workday. I used to live 5 minutes from my office so I would drive home to eat and then take a nap. When I would get back to work, I'd feel very lethargic. A few minutes of sweating has made a huge impact on my afternoon productivity levels!

The boyfriend and I went grocery shopping! It was $60 lower than our last trip. The kitchen cabinets are finally becoming stocked.

I made Annie's macaroni and cheese for dinner. I added some small bits of broccoli. I couldn't go over board because Jared isn't a big fan. I also added a tiny bit of garlic salt because mac and cheese used Alfredo shells.

I enjoyed my bowl in front of the TV so I could watch some of The Biggest Loser. I didn't get to enjoy tonight's show because I was busy trying to clean the apartment. When we got home on Sunday night, we dumped our stuff everywhere. I didn't lift a finger yesterday cuz it was my birthday!

Jared and I split an ice cream cookie sandwich for dessert. Lots of calories but such a treat! No photo cuz I was worried about my camera batteries dying.

But wait....
Jared was the hero of the day; he found my camera charger in the drawer full of dog items. Hmm... Was Miles trying to play a trick on me???

No comments:

Post a Comment