Monday, September 21, 2009

It's My Party

And I'll cry if I want to... Or just eat whatever I feel like. I made my go-to instant oatmeal.

It took a while to blog about the weekend in NY so when I finished I took a nap.

I snacked on some Chobani and relaxed around the apartment. I got hooked on a marathon of the Rachel Zoe Project.

Photographed the 3 bottles we brought back from Seneca Lake.

I had to run a few errands on Newbury Street at some of my favorite stores: Johnny Cupcakes, Madewell, and Anthropologie. I guess Katie Holmes and Suri are staying at the Mandarin Oriental cuz there were photographers everywhere and there was a lot of yelling. I was more concerned with my birthday shopping.

I was SO hungry when I got home so I made a "salad" aka a bowl of lettuce with dressing.

Then it was time for the ultimate....
Potatoes in a pouch! Just boil 2 cups of hot water, add the mix, and there's a pan full of delicious goodness. Don't worry, I didn't eat the entire thing.

Jared and I went to Aquitaine to celebrate my birthday. Such a delicious meal! We shared a bottle of a Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon blend. It was really good!

The onion soup appetizer was topped with gruyere cheese. I'm glad we split it because I would've eaten the entire bowl myself, and spoiled the main course.

I ordered the lamb. I like my meat cooked, not bleeding, soooo I ordered it "medium well." It was excellent. There were a few artichokes mixed in with the veggies so that made it even better! I was stuffed but I found some room to enjoy dessert.

We split the souffle for dessert and Jared requested a candle. I'm SO glad the staff didn't feel the need to sing! It was a sweet ending to my 26th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment