Monday, September 7, 2009

Mind Games


Slim pickings for breakfast this morning. I made some toast with almond butter and strawberry jam. I also added a handful of grapes that are on their way out. Most of the bunch will end up in the trash later tonight.

The boyfriend was ready to try running for the first time since his appendectomy on August 27th. I was NOT in the mood to run. I whined a lot and said I wanted to quit the 1/2 marathon. Jared was really patient and eventually convinced me to just get ready and get outside.

We ran a little over 3.5 miles in about 35 minutes. As usual, 10 minutes into the run, I got a cramp on my right side, right below my ribs. I concentrated on taking deep breaths and that really seemed to help. We're going to try to do 2 short runs this week and then run 7 miles over the weekend.

After the run, we made a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts cuz I was craving an ice coffee. Then we went to Shaws and did a major grocery shopping. Our most exciting purchase?!?!?

A cart to haul everything home! This is going to be super useful for future grocery shopping and trips to the laundromat.

Jared and I are trying to wait an hour before starting dinner. To hold me over, I snacked on a handful of Wheatables and more old grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment