Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Update

My first attempt at stove top oats!!! I didn't know what brand to buy so I just picked a small bag that was fairly inexpensive.

The instructions called for 2 cups of water and 1 cup of oats. That was TOO much for one person. I am going to cut everything in half next time I make this. I'm always hungry for breakfast but I'm never that famished.

List of toppings...
  • Cinnamon
  • Strawberry jam
  • Spoonful of almond butter
  • Maple syrup (added after a few bites because I thought it needed something sweet)

We left for Rochester around 12:30 and made a pit stop at the Banana Republic on Newbury so I could get the security tag removed from my sweater. I found the receipt while I was searching for my camera charger so there wasn't an issue. I was hungry so we stopped for lunch at only 30 minutes on the road.

We let Miles play in the dog walk area while we ate wraps from Fresh City. It was difficult to eat while standing up. I made a mess and kept dropping pieces of lettuce all over the ground.

We arrived at Jared's parents' house by 7:30. I was more than ready for dinner. We scrapped the plans for BBQ and headed to an Italian place instead. I started off with a nice green salad and a glass of Zinfandel.

For dinner I inhaled tortellini with chicken. Mmmm!

After dinner, we went back to the house. Two of Jared's friends came over and we all hung out in the hot tub. So relaxing! It was the perfect way to wind down after a super long car ride.

Jared and I had planned on going for a short run on Saturday morning, but sleep was much more important. There was just enough time for bagels and showers before we left for our wine tour around Seneca Lake.

We stopped at so many great vineyards and sampled more wines than I could keep track of. I swear I tried! We came home with 3 bottles of wines we liked best, and I came home with lots of corks to ad to our collection.



Turkey, cheese, and a pumpkin cream cheese spread. I really couldn't taste the pumpkin so I was a little disappointed. The sandwich just seemed spicy. Ohhh well, it was still very tasty!



The weather was absolutely perfect. Not quite fall but you could already feel a slight chill in the air despite the warm sunshine.


After all of the wine, we went back to the house for dinner. Jared's dad grilled some delicious chicken, but the freshly picked corn on the cob seemed to be the favorite!

There was cake to celebrate my birthday! Thank you to Jared, Bob and Kris, Doreen and Roy, and Bryan and Jenna for the great day! I had a lot of fun.

Jared and I RAN 7 miles on Sunday morning. It went much better than I expected. No cramps, no pain, and at the end of the 7, I felt like I could've kept going. Don't worry, I was more than happy that I didn't have to keep going. Instead I iced my knees for 10 minutes and then showered so we could continue with our day.

I was super excited for my chicken salad sandwich. Until I took a bite and something wasn't quite right. The cook made a tuna sandwich by mistake. Gag, spit, shudder! The restaurant was very nice about taking the sandwich back and I ordered something new.

I dove into my open faced chicken cordon bleu sandwich and didn't remember to take a picture until I had finished eating.

After lunch, we "tacked on an Abbott's" while wandering around RIT's campus. It was fun to see where Jared went to school and learn more about his college years. Apparently he's some sort of legend... Haha!

We stopped to buy some pumpkins and apples on the way home. I LOVED the fall themed setup but I couldn't play around for very long. Jared and his dad were eager to get home to watch the Bills game.

Jared and I left at halftime and didn't get back to Boston until after midnight. It was a long drive, but totally worth it for a fun weekend.

Jared's parents ordered a smoothie maker for my birthday. I'm counting down the days til its arrival on October 1st. They also gave me a recipe book with hundreds of options of cold drinks to create. What an awesome birthday weekend!!! I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment