Wednesday, September 30, 2009

PB & Oats

All of the big-time bloggers use nearly empty jars of peanut butter as bowls for their oatmeal. I decided to make a small portion of stove top oats and give it a try.

My mix included:
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
  • 1/2 banana
  • Maple Syrup
  • Sprinkle of Cinnamon
I was much happier cutting the serving size in half. This mix was delicious and so filling. Even with a smaller amount of oatmeal, I still had trouble finishing the whole bowl. It's been over 2 hours since I ate breakfast and I am still full. So different from when I eat cereal and then end up snacking by mid-morning!

I tried an ice version of the Pecan Rum coffee. I burnt the top of my mouth eating the oatmeal so it was soothing to my palate. I love drinking coffee on the way to work. It's a relaxing distraction from traffic and it decreases my road rage!

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear! Yeah, I'm waiting at a red light by the Pru and the Christian Science Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment